After much investigation and research we finally found out the problem where some players cannot play Shmusicup in some browsers. Unfortunately this problem lies in the Adobe Flash plugin, and is caused when more than one Flash is running (including advertisements). The bug is in the computeSpectrum command, which we used in our game. Adobe has already been notified of the bug and a detailed bug report can be found here: http://bugs.adobe.com/jir a/browse/FP-147
This problem is most prominent in Google Chrome, whereas most players with Firefox and Safari are fine, although some did reported the issue. (An update to the Flash player should solve the issue in Firefox / Safari). So far there have not been complaints for Internet Explorer.
The game now traps the error and provides instructions on how to work around it. A workaround for this problem is to either close any other Flash running, or run the game in a different web browser. Alternatively PC players can also download the game from the game page.
It has been an arduos task trying to fix this elusive bug, and we’re pretty disappointed that in the end we need to depend on Adobe’s fix, which obviously will take some time.
Very sorry for the inconvenience caused. We hope that Adobe resolves this issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding!